Four Steps to Overcome Collaboration Obstacles
A thoughtful feature in the Financial Times discusses the question of why in-house collaboration in organizations is so difficult, with the consequent impact on effective working.
The Middle Ages
What if leadership didn't originate from the top of an organization, society or ecosystem, but from its middle? Thanks to a flattening Earth, a declining trust in hierarchy, plus the rising prominence of mid-level stars, we're entering such an era.
Microsoft Releases Add-Ons For Office 2003
Microsoft has released Microsoft Dynamics Snap, a collection of programs that "snap" into Microsoft Office 2003. Four programs were made available today (with more to come).
Tips For Corporate Blogging
Backbone Media has published a list of tips for corporate blogging. They are:
1. Understand the fundamentals of Blogger Relations
2. Create value
3. Grow and sustain your audience by providing real analysis
4. Report on community opinion
5. Respond with comments to build relationships and traffic (the former is more important IMHO)
6. Track your conversations
7. Don't be afraid of criticism
8. Conduct interviews to generate content and ideas
9. Promote your blog
10. Monitor the web for brand names and references
Steve Rubel is a PR strategist with nearly 15 years of public relations, marketing, journalism and communications experience. He currently serves as Vice President, Client Services at CooperKatz & Company, a mid-size PR firm in midtown New York City. Rubel evangelizes the application of Weblogs and RSS in traditional public relations campaigns.
He authors the Micro Persuasion weblog, which tracks how blogs and participatory journalism are changing the public relations practice.