Are You Prepared For An Online Crisis?
By Sally Falkow
A recent survey conducted by Buzz Marketing, and sponsored by Marketing Profs and Trackur, shows that more than half of the BtoB marketers polled arenít adequately prepared for an online crisis.
Although the sample universe was small, it is an indication of what BtoB marketers are thinking and doing.
• 60% say they have a good understanding of their current reputation
• 63% donít have a blogging policy in place
• 53% place strategic importance on measuring and monitoring their reputation in 2008
• Only 42% have a strategic plan in place to manage their online reputation
• More than half (54%) are not monitoring traditional media using services like Burrells/Luce or Bacons
• 63% are monitoring social media and blogs with free online services
• Only 33% use a paid subscription service to monitor online content
• 54% say they are leveraging social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn
• 45% are monitoring their brand on these social networks
• 71% say they are not developing widgets that can be added to social sites
Recommendations from the survey:
Make measuring and monitoring your online reputation a strategic priority.
People are online and they are talking about brands - and itís not only consumer brands.
Many other studies have shown that BtoB buyers are just as likely to research online before purchase and they are sharing intelligence and information in niche social networks.
Donít get caught with your pants down.
About the Author:
Sally is the author of Website Content Strategy blog: Information about the shifts in media consumption and the use of technology in marketing and PR so business can stay in touch with their rapidly moving audiences.
-- InsideOffice is an iEntry,
Inc. publication --
iEntry, Inc. 2549 Richmond Rd. Lexington KY, 40509
archives | advertising info | news headlines | free newsletters | comments/feedback | submit article